Only 3 more sleeps till we flap at Leura Mall!
Charleston Challenge Downunder 2014 will be held once again in the beautiful and historic Blue Mountains located west of Sydney, NSW in Australia.
Save the date Saturday, 1st February 2014 and arrive at Leura Mall by 11am. If you would like to learn the routine you can do so online via Youtube or alternatively learn the Charleston routine for the world record attempt the morning of, prior to 11am.
Visit the website www.charlestonchallengedownunder.com.au
It is a very simple routine, and all that is required to help break the record is to:
1) Organise something to wear. You can go to the effort of getting a costume hired or alternatively find something nice in your cupboard and grab a feather boa, hat, flapper headpiece, jewellery (E.g. beads and pearls), a suit and braces for the men, do your hair and make-up. So you can keep it simple and comfortable or go all the way - the choice is yours;
2) Turn up with friends, family, colleagues and anyone you find along the way, to Leura Mall before 11am, especially if you need to practice;
3) Sign in at the top of Leura mall at the registration tent;
4) Listen for announcements and introductions, follow instructions, as everyone must be in lines.
5) Once the horn sounds, flap your heart out for 5 minutes and only stop once the horn sounds again.
NB: It is very important that you keep moving and give the dance all you have, try not to leave the lines before the 2nd horn sounds otherwise your registration and number will not count.
Road Works to improve the flow into and out of the Blue Mountains are in operation along the Great Western Highway, so please check traffic reports and allow sufficient time to arrive on time. Also, Leura Mall will be closed to allow the running of the festival to take place. Please allow extra time to find parking or consider using public transport.
To save time on Saturday morning consider pre-registering online, click here
The forecast for Saturday is good, so make sure you have plenty of water, sunscreen, a hat and umbrella.
Enjoy your time in the Blue Mountains and visit the surrounding stalls, shops and beautiful locations.